|The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Watch. The Watch will be in effect from late Wednesday night to Friday morning. Heavy rain is likely to fall during much of that period.
Residents should prepare for difficult driving conditions and possible ponding on roads during this period. Leave extra time to get to your destination. Other precautions to keep in mind:
- DO NOT attempt to drive over a flooded road—you could be trapped or stranded. The depth of the water is not always obvious, or the road could be washed away.
- Keep a portable radio, flashlight, extra batteries, manual can-opener and other essential supplies on hand.
- Monitor TV, radio, or Alert DC for Flash Flood Warnings and other Warnings.
- Store drinking water in various containers and clean bathtubs. Water service may be interrupted.
- Move to a safe area before access is cut off by floodwater.
- Be aware of creeks and other low-lying areas that are prone to sudden flooding.
- Keep your automobile gas tank filled
- Know your elevation above flood level.
Additionally, residents should always keep an Emergency Go Kit with enough water and non-perishable food for 3 days.