We’re just two days away from the DC Love March and we’re super excited to share this celebration with all of you this Saturday. It might be chilly but we’ll be marching, getting exercise and taking in some great performances from a diverse group of very talented artists while we stand in solidarity with our neighbors. We hope you’ll join us at the starting point so we can show upper Georgia Ave. some love before we head south to Bruce Monroe Park and on to U Street! Please continue to share with your friends and neighbors and come on out together!
* Meet-up at 10:30 am at Emery Rec Center (gathering on the park hill to the left of the rec center)- small breakfast foods, coffee and music.
* RSVP! Please RSVP on the Facebook link here. This will help us communicate any more important updates.
* The Rock and Roll Marathon will be affecting the bus schedules so please build in some extra time. You should still be able to metro to Petworth and take the 70 or 79 up to Emery at Georgia and Madison St. NW. The 79 stops at Kennedy St. just a block away. Please consult this map for road closures, especially if you plan on driving.
* Buses will be running up and down Georgia Avenue but detouring around the march route (across Columbia Rd. NW.
* Wear RED to show your love. Even if you’ve got to bundle up, we’ll have a way to show our unity.
* T-Shirts, Yard Signs, and buttons will be available from DistrictLuv which all go to benefits 3 great organizations- MLOV, DC Fair Food, and United Workers of Washington.
* Food- there will be small breakfast items, snacks along the way and Ethiopian food for sale at the stopping point at Bruce Monroe Park.
A program of events and flyers in 4 languages are attached.
Can’t wait to see you all Saturday morning!
District of Love Team