Did you know that the District of Columbia has over 130,000 seniors? Also, did you know that Ward 4 is ranked in the top three for having the highest senior population?
On Saturday, June 3rd from 11:00am-2:00pm, ANC 4D and the Office on Aging will host a Senior Resource Fair at the Washington Latin Public Charter School (former Rudolph Elementary) located 5200 Street to provide District seniors valuable information. We also encourage caregivers and neighbors to attend this event as you help to connect older relatives, neighbors, and friends to resources and help seniors to age in their homes comfortably.
Also, attendees will receive free legal advice (http://www.aarp.org/states/dc/LCE.html), consumer protection information, updates on innovative programs, cutting-edge services and more! Also, free health screenings will be provided along with fun fitness activities provided by YMCA.
Free recycle bags will be distributed at the welcome table to assist with the collection of information and giveaways!
Exhibitors will include:
· District of Columbia Office on Aging
· AARP- Ombudsman Office
· Legal Counsel for the Elderly
· Mayor’s Office on Community Relations and Services
· Fire /Emergency Medical Services
· American Association on Health and Disability
· Department of Health
· Age-Friendly DC
· Serve DC
· Office of the Peoples Counsel
· Public Service Commission
· Transport DC
· Terrific Inc. – Ward 4 Lead Agency
· United Healthcare
· Prevention of Blindness
· Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking (DISB)
· Grid Alternatives
· Center for Vein Restoration
· Howard University School of Dentistry
· Stratford University
For additional information, contact Mark Bjorge, DCOA Outreach Coordinator (CommissionerKrystal.
We encourage you to invite your neighbors and meet new neighbors while receiving great information! All are welcome!!
See you Saturday!
Krystal Branton 4D05