This is a plea for help!
My name is Emily and I have been a volunteer with Remote Area Medical Clinic -VA(RAM), since 2009.
(Click on the links for more information)
All the pertinent flyers are attached to this email. Feel free to do with them as you will: Hanging them up in public, notifying doctors offices-for assistance, sharing them with valuable resources, and/or providing them to people in need of help.
Remote Area Medical-VA will be hosting a free medical clinic at the Barry Farms Recreation Center, in SE DC on August 26th and 27th.
We are looking for:
1) Patients – Absolutely anyone: Infant to adult! Citizen or not. Insured or not. Living in poverty or not.
2) Volunteers – No experience needed for General support-always needed. But, we are desperately looking for eye doctors who are licensed in DC.
3) Donations/Funding – More details explained in the formal attached letter. Includes, but is not limited to:
– Free or reduced cost hotel rooms for Volunteers.
– Medical supplies; specifically: Band-Aids, Gauze (2x2s), Hand Sanitizer, Alcohol Preps, Paper, and Ink-pens.
– Food for volunteers: Vouchers for dinner for those who are traveling., Donations of bagged lunches during the event., Bottled Water, Bottled Beverages, etc.
– Food for patients: Granola bars, pop tarts, peanut butter-jelly sandwiches, etc., Bottled Water, Orange Juice, etc.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact:
Marcus Adkins, Director of Community Engagement
marcusva – 276-870- 6299
Kim Schwaner, Clinic and Operations Coordinator
Emily Henshall, Myself, just an ordinary volunteer…
Here is the Official Email notification: